Saturday, December 18, 2010

Provo, Utah Tabernacle Destroyed by Fire!

This past week a treasured landmark in the city of Provo, Utah was destroyed by fire.  Apparently the building is a total loss.  When my wife and I and our little family were students at BYU, we used to attend our Stake Conferences in the old beautiful building.  I used to enjoy the stained glass windows and the wonderful handiwork of the pioneers who built this grand building.


Here below is the way I will always remember the Provo Tabernacle; the last time I saw it.  A wonderful old building.


I have attached a news clipping from the Daily Herald in Provo, that tells about the tragic fire.

://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/article_616dbab4-09db-11e0-972b-001cc4c03286.html

Our wonderful daughter-iin-law Jill sent me this great video about a performance that took place in the tabernacle.  She plays the cello and since I used to play the violin, we both appreciate the great talent of this young man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-7t7lexVo&feature=player_embedded
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeff, You should see this lovely old building now, snow dusting the charred remains... it's heartbreaking.
    Say, I wonder if in your many engineering projects, you have come cross this old toy and perhaps know the name? A fellow artist friend is searching for it. If you know would you let me know?
    Thanks!
    Merry Christmas to you guys!
    Love Lisa
    http://dantat.typepad.com/dantat/2010/12/help-me-find-my-favorite-childhood-toy.html

    ReplyDelete