Thursday, February 4, 2010

Serve Others When You Are Having A Hard Time

I was feeling frustrated today after a hard time at work, when everything seemed to be going wrong. My worries about the future of our great country were weighing me down as well. A message arrived from my sister in which she expressed similar concerns. Driving home on the crowded freeway I felt down and discouraged. I wanted to feel more positive about the future and yet there is so much negative around us.

Then I watched this short video from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It shows two men with problems of their own; one who just lost his job and another with physical limitations.

http://www.youtube.com/mormonmessages#p/a/59A88EF0AD2EBBF7/2/wz41YxNiHEg

Tears came to my eyes as I realized how much I have to be thankful for and how much good there is in the world in addition to the bad. This video turned me around and I immediately found something to do for someone else in the way of service to them.

It is true. By turning my attention outward towards others, I felt more positive about life and the world around me. It helped me put my problems in perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jeff! I know this video and it too has helped me in the past! I needed to be reminded again! Sure love you and BD!! All your family!!

    ReplyDelete