Sunday, March 14, 2010

Am I a "Right Wing Extremist"?

I got some feedback the other day via some visitors to a local military installation that I was a "Right Wing Extremist".  Part of me was flattered that they were reading my blog, but another part of me wondered, "Am I really a Right Wing Extremist"?

I am a loyal American, who willingly pays my taxes each year.  I vote in every election and I am active in my neighborhood and community.  I attend church every Sunday and consider myself to be a good Christian.  I am loyal to my wife and family and work hard at my occupation so that I can support our family without government aid or outside support.  As a youth and still as an adult I am active in the Boy Scouts of America.  I volunteer at our local schools and am active in other local youth organizations.  I am honest in my dealings with those around me.  I don't drink or smoke.  Although I sometimes exceed the speed limit on the local freeways it is seldom over 5 miles per hour faster than the posted limit.  I have traveled outside the United States and am always proud to say that I am an American.

Do those qualities make me a Right Wing Extremist?

Although I have owned Ford and GM cars, I have also owned a Volkswagen, a Nissan and numerous Toyotas.  I am currently an aerospace engineer designing weapons for our armed forces to protect themselves and our country.  Two of my four children are proudly serving in the US Navy and I have several nephews in the armed forces also serving in harm's way in Iraq.

I supported myself in college by working at McDonald's Restaurants while raising a family with two little boys and a very loving and supportive wife.  I know what it is like to wonder where your next meal is coming from and how you are going to make the next rent payment.

So what makes me a Right Wing Extremist?

Maybe its because I don't believe in abortion.  One of our Daughter's in Law refused to get a doctor recommened abortion when she encountered a problem during her pregnacy and now we have two beautiful twin grand-daughters to show for her decision.

Maybe its because I don't want to see our country go further in debt and leave a tremendous tax burden on my children and future generations.  In his first year in office Obama has placed a heavy tax burden upon us, that I fear we may never pay back.  Pelosi and Reid and others are bound and determined to grow our government until our country is bankrupt.  We need to produce more US manufacturing jobs and reverse the worsening decline of US industry and the trade deficit.

Could it be because I don't want ObamaCare to succeed?  I have personnaly seen the results of healthcare in the UK, Germany and France and I am grateful that we have the best care available in the entire world.  In some European countries they care less for people's health than US citizens care for their dogs and cats.

Could it be because I don't believe that man is causing global warming?  As an engineer and scientist I have reviewed the available data and I understand the limitations of computer modeling, upon which the entire theory of man caused global warming is based.  Computer models carry the old warning, "Garbage in and garbage out!"  I know from personal experience that you can make a computer model match ANY set of data that you wish.  Our climate experts cannot use these massive computers to accurately predict tomorrow's weather let alone the temperature of the earth twenty years from now.  My wise old grandmother taught me to "follow the money" when you wonder why something is happening in our society.  I have followed the money spent on the global warming and it ended up in the pockets of rich hypocrits like Al Gore and the like.

For whatever reasons these fellows at China Lake referred to me as a "Right Wing Extremist" I may never know.  I don't see myself to be different than any other red blooded American who loves his country and wants to see it continue into the future for my children and their children and your children.

Call me a "Right Wing Extremist" if you wish, but it won't be long before our liberal friends will be looking for someone to blame for the mess they are making of our country and for someone who can restore this country to its greatness.  I stand ready to help, as long as I am able.  God Bless America!!

1 comment:

  1. Great article, Jeff. If this is indeed the definition of a Right Wing Extremist then I'm sure there are many of us all across the fruited planes. Leslie

    ReplyDelete