Thursday, July 29, 2010

Alien Lawn Mound Invades My Yard

The other night I came home and heard some strange sounds coming from our back yard.  I turned on the patio lights and went out onto the patio to see if there was something there.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  There in the lawn was a giant mound rising up higher and higher.  It was easily about 10 feet in diameter and over a foot tall in the center.  AND IT WAS GROWING!  It scared me to death!  When it got about 2-1/2 feet tall it stopped growing and became silent and still.  I walked over to it and put my foot on it to see if I could move it.  It was solid!  I walked up on top of it and it easily supported my weight.


After some checking I realized that it was the result of a leak in a pipe that passed under the lawn.  I turned off the water to the pipe and decided to wait till morning to see where the leak was and how best to fix it.

By morning the alien mound was gone and the yard was peaceful again.  I was able to locate the leak and repair the pipe before nightfall so that the mound would not return.



It was a night that I will never forget.

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy! I'd think I was dreaming or something... either way, I'd probably freak out and never think logically of something errant that could cause such a thing... If aliens ever invade my lawn I'll know exactly what to do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. It was freaky to see the lawn rising up like that. Luckily BD was not there to see it.
    MacNiven

    ReplyDelete