Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Hope I Get The Swine Flu!


Last night my wife held a party in our back yard for the young women in our church. It got a little chilly so she asked me to turn on the patio heater. While I struggled to get the stupid thing lit, I overhead one of the other adult young women leaders mention that she wasn't feeling well and thought she might be coming down with the flu.

"I hope it's the Swine Flu," I interrupted.

"Why is that?" she asked me, surprised that I would wish such a horrible illness upon her.

"Because," I responded, "It's the most mild strain of flu they have ever seen. If its the regular flu you might miss work for at least a week, but if it is the Swine Flu you will be better in the morning."

She stood and looked at me in amazement, obviously astounded by my wisdom and logic.

The other day the World Health Organization (WHO) raised the Flu Alert Status to Level 6, which is Pandemic! They cautioned all of mankind that half of the world's population could be affected by the Swine Flu. I say "So What!" Why make a big fuss about it?

Then one of our newly hired engineers at work came into my office yesterday and we talked about the Swine Flu. I expressed my complete bewilderment at why the WHO would be trying to scare everyone with this dire threat about such a mild strain of flu?

Then it came to me...

Something my wise old Grandmother always told me...

"If you want to know why something is happening, follow the money," she told me.

"There must me big money involved in this Swine Flu scare," I reasoned, "but where and how?"

The young engineer from UC Davis and I struggled to find a financial link to the Swine Flu and then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

It was the same as Global Warming. There are people whose continuing occupation and future employment is dependent upon financial support from donations and government. It is like James Hansen at NASA who continues to bellow that mankind is causing the earth to heat up with cow flatulence and car exhaust. In order for Mr. Hansen to justify funding for his computer hobbies at NASA, he must make the public believe that there is a crisis that only he can model and thus the government must continue to fund his work. If there is no Global Warming crisis, James Hansen and his gigantic computer will be left to predict the daily weather. (Something he hasn't quite perfected yet, I must add."

It is the same with the World Health Organization. They must have a health crisis on their hands to justify their existence or they are out of work! And the more severe the better. Right!?

Thus we MUST have a pandemic, even though the flu is so mild that most people don't miss a day of work or go to a doctor. The WHO mentioned on the news the other day that they may never know how wide-spread this Swine Flu is because they aren't getting accurate data from doctors, because cases are going undiagnosed.

Too bad for the doctors and too bad for the WHO and too bad for the Center for Disease Control.

I just hope that I get the Swine Flu!

No comments:

Post a Comment